Early Booking Promotion!
Promotional rate of $8000 per room, 1 - 4 people, all inclusive.
Pricing promo until September 1, 2019
This Passover surround yourself in the natural wonder of Costa Rica.
Join us at an entirely Kosher Volcano Resort to experience a unique Passover vacation like no other!
Enjoy delicious Glatt Kosher for Passover dining under strict Kosher supervision, Seder nights, on-site synagogue, “daf yomi” and multiple “shiurim” plus exciting guided excursions and daily activities (all included in your package) as you discover the wonders and beauty of Costa Rica.
Costa Rica is Central America’s special jewel. The country’s natural attractions, wildlife, bio-diversity and reputation for enlightened conservation draw tourists and nature lovers from all over the world. This Passover join Costa Rica Kosher Adventures for a unique holiday travel experience. From hiking on the slopes of Arenal Volcano, to white water rafting, to gliding through the rainforest on a canopy tour, to getting covered in volcanic mud at a natural hot spring volcano spa, you’ll be surprised by how many fun activities you’ll find as you explore this “little green country.”
Costa Rica Kosher Adventures Passover Experience
Since 1994 Costa Rica Kosher Adventures has developed and run unique and custom group Passover programs for thousands of satisfied participants. Again this year, we are celebrating Passover in Costa Rica – one of the world’s most sought-after travel destinations. Unlike most Passover programs, which take place at a high-rise hotel and are centered on the food service, our program offers the perfect place to experience Costa Rica and a unique Passover program amidst inspiring natural beauty. With our years of experience as the leader in kosher travel to Costa Rica be assured that a Passover program with CRKA will provide memories which will last a lifetime!
On-site activities: Apart from the on-site resort amenities, CRKA has developed exciting low-impact nature-based activities for all ages during the holiday. These include:
- Guided nature walks
- Bird & wildlife watching
- Naturalist and ecologist series
- Study & lecture program
- Daf Yomi & private learning
Scholar in Residence • Rabbi Elimelech Goldberg
Rabbi Goldberg is the Rabbi Emeritus of the Young Israel of Southfield and is a sought after speaker for communities around the world. The rabbi is a musmach of the Rav, Harav Yosef Dov Halevi Soloveichik, and a graduate of Yeshiva University. Rabbi Goldberg is also well known for founding Kids Kicking Cancer which is now lowering the pain of over 3,000 very sick children a year in four countries. He is the only person to ever appear on the cover of Ami magazine and in People magazine in the same year! Rabbi G., as he is referred to by the children, has received the nation’s highest award in community public health from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and serves as a clinical assistant professor in pediatrics at Wayne State School of Medicine. His work in lowering stress of children and adults has been featured on Good Morning America, CNN Top Ten Heroes, the Early Show, the Today Show and hundreds of other major media outlets.
Freedom from stress and learning simple tools that will allow you to live longer and better are taught by Rabbi Goldberg, free for all of our guests, throughout the holiday.
Trips & Adventures
Chol Hamoed Trips:
(included in regular pricing)
- Horseback Riding
- Boating on Lake Arenal
- Zip Line Adventures.
- Night Safari
- Hot Springs Experience
Kashrut • Rabbi Yitzchak Prober
Rabbi Prober is the Chief Rabbi of Costa Rica. He is a former Dayan in the Beit Din of Mexico and trained with the most respected American kashrus experts for kashrus supervision. All the mashgichim are similarly trained and are meticulous in controlling all aspects of koshering and ongoing supervision. Joel Weinberger, the owner and manager of Costa Rica Kosher Adventures is a noted and highly respected kashrus administrator in the US and abroad. All products are Glatt Kosher and yoshon. All cheeses are cholov yisrael (milk is difficult to bring in to the country and is kosher cholov akum. For those who will require cholov yisrael milk ie. to add to coffee, please let us know.)
For any specific kashrus questions or concerns please email Rabbi Elimelech Goldberg.
Dining, Kashrut & Supervision
Unique to CRKA is our ability to prepare delicious Glatt Kosher for Passover cuisine in exotic destinations off the beaten path under strict supervision. Our master chefs specialize in nutritious, well-balanced and beautifully prepared and presented meals, prepared in separate meat and dairy kitchens. We take full advantage of our natural surroundings; in Costa Rica our menus are reflective of the local cuisine, including using a large variety of the area’s world renowned fresh fruits and vegetables.
All food and standards for the program will be Glatt Kosher LePesach (Gebrochts): all wine is Mevushal, Shmura Matza & Cholov Yisroel products available upon request. Supervision will be under the auspices of the local Centro Israelita and Chief Rabbi of Costa Rica, Rabbi Yitzchak Prober.
ACTIVITIES, AMENITIES & EXCURSIONS
A CRKA Passover adventure includes much more than a hotel and food. We take care of every aspect of your vacation including:
All delicious meals, Seders & snacks under strict Glatt Kosher for Passover supervision:
- All delicious meals, Seders & snacks under strict Glatt Kosher for Passover supervision.
- On-site synagogue for daily Minyanim.
- Daf Yomi and multiple Shiurim
- In depth seminars in breathing and meditative techniques
- Airport transfers.
- Suitable eco-oriented activities & speakers during the holiday.
- Guided bird watching & wildlife walks.
- 4 days of guided adventures during Chol Hamoed.
- Kid’s Camp (During Shabbat and festival days only)
- Inspiring, life changing lectures and experiences.
- Full use of hotel amenities including pools, beach, childrens playground, pingpong, wireless internet access, hair dryer, plus more!
- “Liz, the chef, was outstanding! She prepared delicious, varied meals that were enjoyed by everyone.”
- “By the end of the trip, it felt like we were traveling with mishpocha.”
- “We had a great time with great people!”
- “Could not be more impressed with the hospitality, friendliness & overall amazingness of everyone at CRKA!”
- “What a pleasure having everything arranged. Transportation, excellent activities, great kosher meals, friendly staff, wonderful guides, great group of participants. Wonderful trip!!”
- “Very family friendly and so flexible: the staff accommodated everything we could have possibly wanted, and the food was incredible!”
- “The guests were friendly and diverse, and I feel that I will stay in touch with many of them. The Rabbi and his wife made the family trip so much more spiritual & heimish for our family. The trips (rafting & zip lining) felt like I was a kid again!”
- “CRKA is a professionally run operation. It attracts a diverse an interesting group of people interested in both, Judaism and nature. We felt right at home.”
- “The activities on this tour are some of the best places I’ve ever been to.”
- “Great tour- filled with fun activities - we were kept very busy!”
Price is per room - maximum of 4 persons per room - no exceptions.
INCLUDES all tips, taxes and service charges.
*Please note prices are subject to change.
- Cribs & Extra cots available, pricing in chart.
- Pre-night program:: At San Jose Corobici Crowne Plaza Hotel, pricing in chart.
Complimentary transportation on Erev Passover from both Liberia and San Jose airports departing at 11:00am
- Price includes: 2 nights Seder; resort lodging; use of resort amenities; holiday eco-programming; 3 days guided adventures (during Chol Hamoed - included for all early bookings that are paid prior to November 26, 2018); Kids’ Camp (during Shabbat and festival days).
- Price does not include: Airfare, optional tours, and miscellaneous items.
the rooms • Villa
Each comfortable room has a private balcony or patio (Volcano or Garden view), spacious bathrooms with walk in showers, air conditioning, cable plasma television, WiFi connection, two Queen size beds, mini refrigerator, security box, night tables and chairs, house phone, closet, laundry service and concierge. (the furthest room from the dining area/lobby is seven minutes.)
Handicap rooms available upon request.